Pro Am $75.00
Gate Fees $15.00
Heats will be timed. The winner of the fastest heat will get first pick in the main, and the
winner of the next fastest heat will get second pick from the main, and so on ) Equal numbers of riders from each heat will transfer to the main, leaving a fewer
number to transfer from the LCQ’s. No more than 20 will participate in the main.
Any rider whose tire crosses the starting line before the start will be moved to the
penalty line, and the position left vacant on any subsequent start or restart of the race,
*(If push start is required, permission must be obtained from the referee or staging official to cross line prior to start).
or make repairs on their quad. The quad must remain on the track during this time, Mechanics are not allowed to wrench on the quad, but they can assist the rider with tooling, Riders, however,
A rider must be on the starting line or have a representative from his or her pit to call for 2 minutes. If no one is representing the rider the MWEDT official will announce for the rider. At the end of line up if the racer or his or her representative hasn’t showed up the race will start without them. If the racer shows up after line up is complete, racer will start at rear of line up.
A rider must cross the start line to be scored for race-heat and main. If the rider misses the heat as long as he’s signed up and quad was inspected he may race main from penalty row he will have last place starting position and receive no heat points no one else is allowed to sign the rider up but himself
Nobody but the racer/official in the designated starting area (excluding kid’s classes).
If a rider leaves the course for any reason they must reenter the track at the safest possible point nearest the point of exit, but not at a point where they can improve their position.
Cutting the course will be determined by a race official by going around obstacles etc. This infraction will be judged on a case by case basis.
If a race must be stopped because of a rider or riders obstructing the progress and safety of a race. That rider or riders will restart on penalty row or last place slots in single file start.
would have restarted or where they finished on the last full lap completed
the race track will result in immediate suspension from that event plus no less than one
additional MWEDT event.
CLASSES: All to be tech’d before raced
Pro-am Outlaw Trike
Any 2 stroke/400 cc 4-stroke
50-90 Limted Stock
200-400 Youth (10-15yrs)
Support Classes (at certain events)
All to be tech’d before races
85cc Mod (7-15yrs)-must run dirt track tires that they normally run at that track
250cc Mod (14yrs and older)-must run dirt track tires that they normally run at that track
450cc Mod (14yrs and older)-must run dirt track tires that they normally run at that track
Youth Pit Bikes
Amateur Pit Bikes
- Youth and age group classes are based upon riders age as of rider January 1st and/or
time of event. (Example: if a rider is 24 years old on Jan. 1st that rider can race the entire
season in the 14-24 class even after they have turned 25 during the season. That same rider though cannot race in the 25+ class until their birthday that year.)
- 50-70cc – Open modifications up to 70cc 2-cycle 110 4-cycle (AGE 4-8 YEARS OLD) (Award all)
- 50-90 Limited Stock – 50-90 2-cycle ,50-110 4-cycle (AGE 4-8) must be 7-8 to race 90, stock exhaust(may remove spark arrester) stock carb/intake stock motor that matches frame, no swaybars ANY TIRE ALLOWED(Award all) 50-90 Limited The 90 part of this class is limited to riders with less the 2 year experience(example first year racers) and limited to yard Quad. Referee subject to approval. (No factory race quads in 90cc part of the Limited Stock)
- 90 CVT- Open modifications 50-90 2-cycle,50-125 4-cycle(AGE 7-15) (Award-top 5)
- 90 Shifter- Open modifications 50-90 2-cycle, 50-125 4-cycle(AGE 7-15) (Award-top 5)
*if not 4 entries class will be combined with 90cvt and scored seperate*
- Super Mini- Open modified 110cc 2 stroke/150cc 4 stroke (AGE 7-15) (Award-top 5), less than 4 this class will be ran with youth class scored separate
- YOUTH 200/400 – Open modified (AGE 10-15) 2 stroke or 4 stroke Atv’s allowed. Cc’s max
-200cc 2 stroke, 440cc max 4 stroke. (Liquid or air cooled motors allowed) (Award - top
-Pro: 200cc-450cc production (AGE 18+) Riders age 16-17 must meet the approval of the referee and the MWEDT OFFICIALS. Spec fuel class($2000 + payout)Pro Riders are eligible to run in Pro-am
-Pro Open: Hoosier Tires only, Open cc's, Single cylinder motorcycle or atv engine on any frame combo. (Hybrds are allowed in this class) Frame must be of ATV design and pass tech. (AGE 18+) Riders age 16-17 must meet the approval of the referee and the MWEDT OFFICIALS. Spec fuel class (payout TBA) Pro Open Riders are eligible to run in Pro and Pro-am
-Pro-am riders: Open modified 200cc plus (AGE 15+) (80% money payout - 3:1 ratio) Eligible to race in Pro-lite, A class, Age classes /this must be second class
-Pro-am Outlaw Trikes: (80% payback) plus any added money, any size any rules must be safe and pass tech
-Pro-lite: (AGE 15+) 200-OPENcc ,(50% money payout - 3:1 ratio )
N0 AMA Pro’s, No MWEDT Pro’s, No NEEDT Pro’s (local pros allowed)
No MWEDT Pro-lite Past Points Champions
Riders are NOT eligible to run in Open B, or Open C , youth classes, while they are participating in this class./this must be second class
-Open A: (Age 15+) Open 200cc + “A” Class (Award Top 5)
-Open B: (Age 14+) Open 200cc+ , “B” Class, ( Award Top 5)
-All MWEDT Open B Class Points Champions must move up in classification the following year and current or past champions in this class are no longer eligible to run this class. Riders are NOT eligible to run in Pro, Pro-lite, Pro-am, or Open C Classes if participating in this class. If a rider moves upwards from this class during the MWEDT series (Pro-lite or Pro-am), they are no longer eligible to participate in this class for the remainder of
the season but may petition the MWEDT series to return to this class the following season. Local Pro riders will not be allowed to run this class.
-Open C: (Age 14+) Open 200cc+ “C” Class (trophy top 10)
- All MWEDT Current and past Open C champions must move upwards in classification the following season. “NO Sandbagging” A rider who participates in this class whose level of riding far exceeds the other riders can be asked to move up in classification by MWEDT officials during the course of the season. Riders are NOT eligible to run in Pro-am, Pro-lite, Open B and Pro if participating in this class. If a rider moves upwards in classification in the MWEDT series (Open B, Pro-lite, or Pro-Am) during the season they may not return to this class until the after the end of the season and must petition the MWEDT board to return to this class. Other series classification does not apply. Local Pro riders will not be allowed to run this class.
-Women's: Open- modified 200cc+ , Age 14+, Female only participants allowed,. (Award top 5) All Women racing must register in Women’s Class, 400cc and down are exempt from this rules as well as past Champions and any woman that was already competing in another class
-2Stroke/400 any size 2-cycle,up to 400cc 4-cycle
-Age Groups: Open modified 200cc plus Classes: 14-24, 25+, 35+ (Award top 5)
- Eligible for all riders that fall within that age category at time of the race. Any rider deemed a “Pro” rider is not eligible to participate in these classes, all other riders are eligible for these classes.
- Riders age is based upon age at time of event and /or riders age as of January 1st of
that year (see above)
-Trike Vintage ( Age 14+) Must have 5 or more riders to run this class separately or will be ran with trike outlaw scored separate
-Knobby no lowering, no swaybar
1. Machines may be used in multiple classes by the same rider provided that both rider and ATV meet the requirements of the class.
2. All machines must be class legal each time they pull up to the starting line or be subject to disqualification. A rider may change machines between races as long as the replacement is class legal. If a machine is changed after qualifying (heats) that rider will get the last gate pick for the main event. Starting position will be 24’ behind the last occupied line or the penalty line. Once a race is started, there can be no changing of machines. START OF RACE will be defined as FIRST ATTEMPTED START, even if it results in a complete restart. If you switch bikes (before the start of the main event) it also has to be approved by the referee or the rider will be subject for disqualification for that race.
3. Production Classes: Stock frame and ATV engine cases from the original manufacturer of that make and model must be used. OEM frames may have material added for strength. These changes shall not affect frame geometry. Only bolt-on components allowed.
4. All youth riders must fit the ATV. With rider in normal riding position with hands on
handlebars, there must be a bend in the elbows, fingers much reach all control levers. Rider in a standing position on foot pegs must have 3 inches of space between seat and rider inseam.
5. Safety Equipment and Machine Eligibility are the sole responsibility of the rider. After
registration and prior to practice, a mandatory courtesy inspection will be performed at each event to check number plates and numbers, tether cord, kill switch, nerf bars and machine width (51”). Random equipment inspections may be done and may include, but not limited to, fuel, sound, width, and displacement. If a machine does not pass inspection, it will not be allowed to compete.
6. All ATV’s must use petroleum-based gasoline. No alcohol allowed.
7. An engine may be bored or stroked, to change displacement classes, but must not exceed the class limit. Example: 400cc engine may be increased to a maximum of 450cc. There is no .080 inches overbore allowed, over the class limit. No downsizing in Youth Classes. Only atv or dirt bike motors are allowed. No street bike or other motors allowed.
8. All ATV’s much have dirt track tires (except 50cc, 70cc and Knobby classes as per tracks discretion), nerf bars or suitable floorboards, working tether cord, maximum width of 51”, all glass much be covered, control levers must have ball ends, and axle nuts must have cotter pins or clips.
9. At the Referee’s discretion, the number of laps for Heats and Mains may be changed if track or weather conditions warrant.
10. Classes with 5 or less riders may be combined with 2nd class. Race will have one (1)
start with fastest class starting on Row 1 and slower class starting on Row 2./if it’s a equal class they will be combined in normal starting procedure and scored separate
11. Racers (including crew members) are not allowed to do any shoveling or sweeping at the starting line. After bringing their machine to the starting line, RACERS ONLY, are allowed to use hands or feet to clear his start spot, BEHIND START LINE. Mechanics are only allowed to an area behind the starting line to assist. They are not allowed in the starting area. The 2-minute rule still applies.
12. Any rider protest must be completed in writing within 30 minutes of the race being complete (if the protest is from the heat race, the atv will be impounded. The rider and pit crew will still able to work under referee/official supervision and will be able to race remaining heat races and mains unless visible illegal) with riders name, class, race number and discrepancy. Along with the protestors printed name and signature. Protesting party must pay $350.00 for protest, the $300.00 goes to the winning party after the protest has been resolved.*The protesting party will also have to pay a $50 non-refundable fee to a mechanic approved by the protested party and MWEDT official to perform the tear down with MWEDT personnel present. Rider refusal to a protest is automatic disqualification. Any racer in the same class can protest. Parents are allowed to do so if the rider is under 18.
13. Any race motor or race quad can be subject to inspection at any time throughout
the race weekend by the Referee.
14. The use of Non-OE Metal fenders is prohibited.
Font and rear number plates are required ,front may be on hood as long as visible The numbers are recommended to be 6” block numbers, a minimum of 4” may be allowed. No shading or outlining is allowed. If the Referee deems a rider’s number plate is not clear enough for scoring, the rider must correct the plate. The number plates and numbers must have contrasting colors, be clear, legible, and have a professional appearance. Example: Single number 4", double numbers 5", triple numbers 6". Wood or metal number plates are prohibited. “Pro Riders” are recommended to use Blue backgrounds with White lettering.
05/15/2017 Amendment- Amateur laps subject to adjustment according to high rider count, track length, or time frame of the event.
-PR0 and Pro-Open must run vp113 at all MWEDT events
-Pro and Pro-Open must run VP Racing stickers on quad
-Fuel must be purchased from track in 5 gallon sealed pails,the week end of race
-Fuel will be checked in impound area at the end of the Pro Main Event race and random in Pro-Open, If rider fails to stop and or leave quad at impond area the rider is subject to be disqulified
-Vp 113Fuel will be sold at racer discount of $70per pail, 15% off retail price