PRO OPEN HOOSIER QUADS $500 to win
YOUTH JR (4-8YRS)
YOUTH SR (9-14YRS)
50CC UP TO 8 YEARS
50CC OPEN UP TO 8 YEARS
85CC 7-15 YEARS
79CC-125CC 2STROKE, 79CC-200CC AIR COOLED 12 & UP
86-160CC 4STR AIR COOLED
250CC 12 AND UP
450CC 14 AND UP
OPEN AMATEUR 14 AND UP
VINTAGE AMATEUR '84 AND OLDER
76CC-150CC 4STROKE PRO-AM 14 +
THESE CLASSES pay 50%
THESE CLASSES WILL PAY BACK 80% PAYBACK
THESE CLASSES WILL PAY BACK 100%
2017 Short Track RULES
- Rider entry fees: Amateur/Youth $35.00
Pro Am $50.00
Gate Fees $15.00
- It is the duty and the responsibility of the riders to determine the class in which he or she belongs. MWEDT officials will not move someone up just
because they are fast. You must have proof that a rider rode in a higher class in the national
- Rider must ride the same quad in the main event that was ridden in the heat race. If a different quad is ridden in the main event than was ridden in the
heat the rider must start from penalty line as designated by the race official.
- All events will run qualifying heats and a main event. The number of riders in heats will be determined by track width, with a minimum of 60” per
machine. All riders in heats will get a front-row start. (maximum 10 riders)
- If there are more riders in a class than can be accommodated on
the starting line, multiple heats will be run. If there are 21 or more riders, one or more LCQ’s will be run.
Heats will be timed. The winner of the fastest heat will get first pick in the
main, and the
winner of the next fastest heat will get second pick from the main, and so on
) Equal numbers of riders from each heat will transfer to the main, leaving a fewer
number to transfer from the LCQ’s. No more than 20 will participate in the main.
Any rider whose tire crosses the starting line before the start
will be moved to the
penalty line, and the position left vacant on any subsequent start or restart of the race,
*(If push start is required, permission must be obtained from the referee or staging official to cross line prior to start).
or make repairs on their quad. The quad must remain on the track during this time, Mechanics are not allowed to wrench on the quad, but they can assist the rider
with tooling, Riders, however,
A rider must be on the starting line or have a representative from his or her pit to call for 2 minutes. If no one is representing the
rider the MWEDT official will announce for the rider. At the end of line up if the racer or his or her representative hasn’t showed up the race will start without them. If the racer shows up after
line up is complete, racer will start at rear of line up.
A rider must cross the start line to be scored for race-heat and main. If the rider misses the heat as long as he’s signed up and quad
was inspected he may race main from penalty row he will have last place starting position and receive no heat points no one else is allowed to sign the rider up but himself
Nobody but the racer/official in the designated starting area (excluding kid’s classes).
If a rider leaves the course for any reason they must reenter the track at the safest possible point nearest the point of exit, but not at
a point where they can improve their position.
Cutting the course will be determined by a race official by going around obstacles etc. This infraction will be judged on a case by case
If a race must be stopped because of a rider or riders obstructing the progress and safety of a race. That rider or riders will restart
on penalty row or last place slots in single file start.
- Single file start will take place after completion of one lap. If race has to be stopped. Single file restarts no passing until you pass the starting
flagging or a designated spot (cone).
- If for any reason the race must be stopped it may be considered complete if the leading rider has completed over 50% of the laps. If the race event must
be stopped due to weather final race results will set according the finish positions in the heat race.
- Lapped riders must move over or be black flagged. If a black flag has been given to a rider, the rider refuses to move over, the rider will be
disqualified and score no points for the event.
- DNS means did not start. A rider not crossing the starting line will receive DNS. A rider who DNF’s will receive will receive last place points in
the main event.
- Age as of January 1, 2017 will receive determine which age group you ride.
- Yellow flag situation: No passing/no improving of a position per flag area. Penalty is a minimum of one finishing position per infraction. This
will be a decision of the race official.
- The white flag is a courtesy flag. It is not necessary to display the white flag at the beginning of the last lap. It is the rider’s
responsibility to ride to checkered flag. The Finish line is always at the Main Flagger where the checker flag is thrown, unless noted in riders meeting.
- Any verbal harassment, physical abuse, including social media will be grounds for penalty, fine or permanent disqualification.
- Rider is responsible for the action of their pit members in his or her pit. If pit member verbally harasses or physically abuses any MWEDT
officials the rider will be permanently disqualification.
- No alcoholic beverages or illegal substances will be allowed on the track or the staging area. Riders should not use any of the above mentioned
substances before or during an event as long as they remain in competition. Any rider that is impaired will not be allowed to compete and may be subject to permanent disqualification.
- A rider is responsible for the action of their own pit crew. Infractions by a rider’s pit crew or associated spectators will be grounds for
- All riders will be given a front row start in the heat race. If a rider refuses front row start and elects to start on second row that will be up
to the official.
- If a rider jumps the line, the rider or riders will be moved to the penalty line. The penalty row is 25ft behind the amount of rows that are in
the mains the same spot for heat and mains in all classes.
- Must run all flattrack tires
- All races in one of the following ways (A)With a light-Light will be red and goes to green or nothing to green (B)With a flag-Once the starter has
touched flag to the ground, the rider will go on first movement of flag.
- Any rider who leaves the track to the pits after the start of a race will be disqualified for that race. A rider is allowed to work on their quad
under a green flag condition only if the work performed in a designated pit area. Parents are allowed to help in the minis
- If a race was stopped because riders were down, the first rider down is placed in the restart, etc., with the last rider down behind the last
rider who did not fall. If for any reason a rider does not complete the red-flagged lap, he too will be placed in the rear of the restart in a position respective of his stoppage.
- If the race is called complete, the riders will be scored in the position in which they
would have restarted or where they finished on the last full lap completed
- In the event of rain, heats can be scored as finals for that event
- Any rider found using alcohol or illegal drugs during an event (while racing taking place) can be disqualified from an event immediately and can
be suspended for no less than one year from any and all MWEDT events.
- The use of electronic communication devises is prohibited and rider found using such devices will be disqualified from that event. No Drones with
exception of track photographer with approval MWEDT official. All Venders and Photographers must receive prior approval with MWEDT.
- If a rider is found to of entered in a class that is beyond his/her level of riding ability MWEDT reserves the right to ask that rider to move down in
classification to a class that better suits their ability at the discretion of the MWEDT official.
- Any rider that is riding recklessly or dangerously and putting other riders at risk will be “ Black” Flagged and disqualified from the
race. Failure to comply to pulling off
the race track will result in immediate suspension from that event plus no less than one
additional MWEDT event.
- Season end points for all classes will be based on top finishes of each rider.
- In the event that a regularly scheduled event is cancelled due to uncontrollable circumstances the event will be rescheduled one time. If the event
cannot be rescheduled and the series will become a shortened series for the year. A rider must understand the risk involved upon entering an event and takes full responsibility for their own safety.
No rider can participate in an event unless they have signed a waiver stating they understand the risk involved. No rider may practice or be on the track without signing up.
- Awards will be given to top 3 in each event amateur and youth. Pro-Am will 80% payback of entry in the class Pro will be $500 to win with 5 or
- Laps will be as follows: 5lap heat, 10lap main, 12lap Pro-Am, 15lap Pro, mini classes will be determined from track to track
- Each rider must be a member of the of the MWEDT series to be eligible for year-end awards at Awards Banquet.
- Year-end Awards Banquet eligibility: must ride in 3/4 of the events to qualify for year end points.
- All tracks will use the MWEDT race order for all MWEDT events.
- Riders will get one practice per class riding in unless time is shortened due to weather
2017 MWEDT Short Track Classes
Pro Open Hoosier Quads
Youth 200/400 Quad
Youth Jr Quad (4-8rys)
Youth Sr Quad (9-14yrs)
- Pro Open Hoosier Quads- Open ccs, $500 to win with 5 more entries, must race hoosier tires only
- Amature Quads- Open ccs, all age groups A, B, C Award top 3
- Trike ProAm- Open cc 3Wheelers, 80% payback
- 2Stroke/400 Quad- any 2stroke (250r, banshee etc) up to 400 4Stroke, award top 3
- Youth 200/400- (10-15 years) (13-15years for 400cc), award top 3
- Youth Jr Quad (4-8yrs)- 90cc 2Stroke/125cc 4Stroke, award top 3
- Youth Sr Quad (9-14yrs)- 90cc 2Stroke/125cc 4Stroke, award top 3
- ProAm Motorcycles- Open cc, 80% payback
- Amature Motorcycles- Open cc, all age groups A, B, C, award top 3
- Maddog Motorcycles